84 CIVIL JURY TRIALS REPRESENTING THE DEFENDANT:
78 VERDICTS AT OR BELOW OFFER; 93% SUCCESS RATE
50 COMPLETE DEFENSE VERDICTS
4 DEFENSE VERDICTS WHERE THE DEFENDANT HIT A PEDESTRIAN:
- One pedestrian had brain injuries
- One pedestrian had multiple leg surgeries
- In one case, the defendant hit a pedestrian who was a police officer directing traffic (upheld on appeal)
- One pedestrian was the wrongful death of a single mother (upheld on appeal)
- In a fifth pedestrian case, a 48′ motorhome ran over a pedestrian. The case was settled for the pre-trial offer after the jury was deadlocked 8-4 for a defense verdict
ALL 4 VERDICTS IN CASES WHERE PEDESTRIANS WERE HIT BY CAR WERE DEFENSE VERDICTS
3 DEFENSE VERDICTS WHERE A POLICE OFFICER SAW THE ACCIDENT OCCUR AND TESTIFIED DEFENDANT WAS 100% AT FAULT:
- In one of the cases, the defendant drove into the police officer directing traffic
2 VERDICTS WHERE DEFENDANT TURNED LEFT IN FRONT OF A MOTORCYCLIST AND THE MOTORCYCLIST WAS FOUND 70% AT FAULT
- One of the cases involved a police motorcyclist
1 VERDICT WHERE DEFENDANT ADMITTED TO DRIVING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD AND DEFENDANT WAS FOUND ONLY 16% AT FAULT
** MULTIPLE DEFENSE VERDICTS WERE AGAINST PLAINTIFF ATTORNEYS WHO WERE NAMED PLAINTIFF TRIAL ATTORNEY OF THE YEAR
1 defense verdict where defendant plead guilty to FELONY DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE (.208 BLOOD ALCOHOL); HIGH SPEED FREEWAY ACCIDENT.
IN 4 CASES WHERE DEFENDANT ADMITTED DRINKING AND DRIVING; THE RESULT IN 3 OF THEM WAS EITHER A DEFENSE VERDICT OR COMPARATIVE NEGLIGENCE AGAINST THE PLAINTIFF.
IN ALL CASES WHERE DEFENDANT ADMITTED TO DRINKING AND DRIVING THERE WERE NO PUNITIVE DAMAGES AND THE VERDICT WAS WITHIN THE POLICY LIMITS OR A DEFENSE VERDICT.